Friday, November 9, 2012

Old Spice Jesus


True story, I have a shameless love for these videos. I realize they're, like, years old at this point, but whatever. Old Spice has my business as long as Isaiah Mustafa keeps dressing up in that glorious towel. Fickle? Maybe. Ok, definitely. But it's so much fun that I honestly don't care.

This morning, I asked myself the question that has been keeping the entire Western world up at night since this video debuted: what would these commercials sound like if they aired in first-century Palestine? What if Jesus decided to borrow Isaiah Mustafa's glorious towel (thereby making it a Glorious Towel?) and used it to make his own sales pitch for following him?

I imagine it would have sounded a little like this.

[Source: Inquisitr]
“Hello, people. Look at your sin. Now back to me. Now back at your sin. Now BACK TO ME. Sadly, you aren’t me. But if you stopped trying to earn your salvation and embraced the gift of God, you could be holy like me. Look down. Back up. Where are you? You’re in heaven with THE LORD OF ALL CREATION. What’s in your hand? Back at me. I have it: it’s a glass of living water and EVERLASTING LIFE. Look again: the water is now WINE! Anything is possible when you trust in Jesus and not the devil. I’m on a cross.”

There. Now you don't have to wonder anymore.

//

No comments:

Post a Comment